Chapter 11:Left-over
hi everyone who still occasionally reads diz dying blog! :p we resumed trg since 9/1/10 diz yr but as usual, lazy me hardly spend any available time to blog.
our team has more lefties than righties. As such,I coined diz term, "left-over". ironically, in other teams, lefties r hot commodity. eg last regatta, I rowed for sp n raine's mountbatten haha
it's always a delicate balance especially when u have more of one side than the other, or if 1 side is heavier than the other.
Anw this time rd, doreen's club needed lefties. She asked annie n I if we can help n we kinda agreed.
So as u know, "action speaks louder than words" and its definitely not just a verbal agreement to row. In addition to that, we have to commit to trg as well.
We went for their trg on sun n omg..it was beyond my expectation n limit! I decided to join em for e morning run which I managed to survive unscathed. Perhaps its due to the fact tt I'm very much conditioned to accept aerobic exercises so my heart can tahan
Then came the h2o trg.
For the 1st half of trg, I was assigned to row in the "junior" boat and at the pacer seat somemore. argh! It was manageable and pretty much alot of stroke correction and getting the desired stroke and length.
Then for the 2nd half of the trg, I was told to switch boat to the "main" team. we did various sets of 1000m and 500m.
Omg..during the transition, ie 10 strokes aft we've completed the starts, I was already left panting like crazy.
I cld hardly breathe properly but had to carry on the remaining say..3min+ at a stroke rate that was beyond my lung capacity. My lungs felt like it was gonna explode but there was no way I cld stop rowing.
It got so bad that I felt like I was just chopping water just to ensure that my timing was in sync. It was no longer an effective stroke being executed anymore.
I was the 8th pair and annie was in front of me. Aft each set I was left panting so damn hard.
It's like a love-hate relationship with the coach, Mr Goh P.S. He is known for being a terror and he doesn't believe in comfort. I rmb him saying things like, "u dun come and expect trg to be easy! It's all in the head!"
The boat was extremely quiet, not bcoz there was no "life", but aft Mr Goh's hell's trg, everyone can hardly talk.
Trivia: do u know that an average women speaks abt 70,000 words in a day?
After sun's trg, we were so freaking exhausted and shagged that we probably had 69,000 words unsaid.
Plenty of leftover.
our team has more lefties than righties. As such,I coined diz term, "left-over". ironically, in other teams, lefties r hot commodity. eg last regatta, I rowed for sp n raine's mountbatten haha
it's always a delicate balance especially when u have more of one side than the other, or if 1 side is heavier than the other.
Anw this time rd, doreen's club needed lefties. She asked annie n I if we can help n we kinda agreed.
So as u know, "action speaks louder than words" and its definitely not just a verbal agreement to row. In addition to that, we have to commit to trg as well.
We went for their trg on sun n omg..it was beyond my expectation n limit! I decided to join em for e morning run which I managed to survive unscathed. Perhaps its due to the fact tt I'm very much conditioned to accept aerobic exercises so my heart can tahan
Then came the h2o trg.
For the 1st half of trg, I was assigned to row in the "junior" boat and at the pacer seat somemore. argh! It was manageable and pretty much alot of stroke correction and getting the desired stroke and length.
Then for the 2nd half of the trg, I was told to switch boat to the "main" team. we did various sets of 1000m and 500m.
Omg..during the transition, ie 10 strokes aft we've completed the starts, I was already left panting like crazy.
I cld hardly breathe properly but had to carry on the remaining say..3min+ at a stroke rate that was beyond my lung capacity. My lungs felt like it was gonna explode but there was no way I cld stop rowing.
It got so bad that I felt like I was just chopping water just to ensure that my timing was in sync. It was no longer an effective stroke being executed anymore.
I was the 8th pair and annie was in front of me. Aft each set I was left panting so damn hard.
It's like a love-hate relationship with the coach, Mr Goh P.S. He is known for being a terror and he doesn't believe in comfort. I rmb him saying things like, "u dun come and expect trg to be easy! It's all in the head!"
The boat was extremely quiet, not bcoz there was no "life", but aft Mr Goh's hell's trg, everyone can hardly talk.
Trivia: do u know that an average women speaks abt 70,000 words in a day?
After sun's trg, we were so freaking exhausted and shagged that we probably had 69,000 words unsaid.
Plenty of leftover.

2 Comments:
think i say 100,000 words daily... lol
By
weili, at Thu Mar 04, 02:31:00 pm
hahaha u are above average cz ur job requisite :p
By
Cindy, at Tue Mar 16, 08:20:00 am
Post a Comment
<< Home