Light of the World
Attended the 1030am Mass today instead of the 845 one with my family coz i cldnt wake up. Slept late ytd lah. Heh. I thought wad Fr. J.J said was really meaningful. It's a story bout a church in Switzerland being built on the top of a mountain. But because it was built on the top of the mountain, having electricity to be provided to the church was extremely costly and kinda impossible. So the villagers who attended church carried up their own lamps up every Sunday for Mass. And there wld b this huge glow at the top of the mountain every week. When the Mass ended, the villages wld bring down their own lamps one by one. Now, on the other side of the mountain, pple watched wif tiz spectacular sight week after week. It's somewhat like bringing their light to the rest of the world after the Mass is ended and tt everyone, every light contributed makes a difference n contribute to a bright glow.
And then he asked the congregation if we too, were 'light of the world'. If we too, bring this little light n shine it to the world. Heh i dunnoe leh, was wondering if i let my little light shine and live by example. Somehow i believe I'm doing my best lah, but maybe its not enough? Well at least i make it a point not to compromise on my faith. I'm not a holy-moley person but i do try to priortise things of importance to my best abilities.
Anyway, after church i went to buy my new year clothings, finally. Wont go into the details of where i went but yea i bought 4 tops. Pink is in for me diz yr. Ok, not hot pink, or shocking *gasp* pink, but light pink. I'm experimenting with different colours dat i usually wont wear--like purple, pink, dark green, white. Reason being tt my wardrobe is full of red, blue and black. hhahahaha. I need some revamping, seriously. Can't find any nice pants or skirts, but anyway i've decided this yr, skirts are out. I've been wearing skirts for e past 3 CNY and diz time round i just want to be simple. Maybe to be some Giordano ambassador and wear Giodarno top and jeans. Casual is in, casual smart is out. Besides, i cant wear sleeveless till we go on some vacation to get back a nice even tan. [Hint targeted at Lipin and Wenya =] plan a clique trip to some beach prefably wif snorkelling and SEA CUCUMBERS. haha] Right now i've got 3 shades of tan juz on my shoulders itself. Damit.
I think quite a bit when i take the transport. Like, what for let time go wasted and stare into blank space right? Today I suddenly thought bout smth which made me grin sheepishly. Ok i was trying hard to hide my smile after tt. Coz if i burst out laughing pple ard me wld probably think I am a mental asylum patient on the escape. I thought of the perfect way to introduce myself to someone and to break e ice almost immediately. It goes, "Hi, I'm Cindy. I have a disability. I'm LAME." hahahahhaha. Ok, but the pt is i dun always think bout happy/funny stuff when i take e transport. There was this once, I was reading the bk 'Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom[for the nth time..i read it over n over again coz its such a gd bk] and i thought bout my grandfather who was gonna leave us anytime soon coz it was lyk the final stage of his illness. Yah den i started tearing uncontrollably. Wad extreme ends of the emotional spectrum man. I too, am amazed how i manage be so emotionally rich. I must have a high EQ! but i believe I need to NOT think so much when taking the transport man. Maybe thinking is ok, just dont suddenly burst out in laughter/tears and scare the wits outta everyone ard me.
Sometimes pple disregard the fact that though there are pple like me ard who are funny, we have feelings too. They may harbour a misconception tt we can weather almost every tiny pinpricks in life. Sometimes they accidentally say things that may hurt but think tt we'd probably shrug it off as a joke. But no, sometimes it hurts. Sometimes things are not so funny after all. I dunnoe. They probably forget that we too, have a fragile pride. Or maybe its my Leo pride. Then again, i dunnoe. But if there's any consolation, pple like us dun get angry for long. Still, i think its not nice lah, to think tt since we'd get over it anytime sooner, u can say stuff tt hurts.
I think i've maintained a good record, at least for a start. I manged to blog once a day for the whole of this week. Most likely the intensity of blogging per week will drop, but i'll maintain lah, maybe 3 times a week, depending on my mood. Sounds like not-so-gd news for blog voyeurs hehehe.
And then he asked the congregation if we too, were 'light of the world'. If we too, bring this little light n shine it to the world. Heh i dunnoe leh, was wondering if i let my little light shine and live by example. Somehow i believe I'm doing my best lah, but maybe its not enough? Well at least i make it a point not to compromise on my faith. I'm not a holy-moley person but i do try to priortise things of importance to my best abilities.
Anyway, after church i went to buy my new year clothings, finally. Wont go into the details of where i went but yea i bought 4 tops. Pink is in for me diz yr. Ok, not hot pink, or shocking *gasp* pink, but light pink. I'm experimenting with different colours dat i usually wont wear--like purple, pink, dark green, white. Reason being tt my wardrobe is full of red, blue and black. hhahahaha. I need some revamping, seriously. Can't find any nice pants or skirts, but anyway i've decided this yr, skirts are out. I've been wearing skirts for e past 3 CNY and diz time round i just want to be simple. Maybe to be some Giordano ambassador and wear Giodarno top and jeans. Casual is in, casual smart is out. Besides, i cant wear sleeveless till we go on some vacation to get back a nice even tan. [Hint targeted at Lipin and Wenya =] plan a clique trip to some beach prefably wif snorkelling and SEA CUCUMBERS. haha] Right now i've got 3 shades of tan juz on my shoulders itself. Damit.
I think quite a bit when i take the transport. Like, what for let time go wasted and stare into blank space right? Today I suddenly thought bout smth which made me grin sheepishly. Ok i was trying hard to hide my smile after tt. Coz if i burst out laughing pple ard me wld probably think I am a mental asylum patient on the escape. I thought of the perfect way to introduce myself to someone and to break e ice almost immediately. It goes, "Hi, I'm Cindy. I have a disability. I'm LAME." hahahahhaha. Ok, but the pt is i dun always think bout happy/funny stuff when i take e transport. There was this once, I was reading the bk 'Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom[for the nth time..i read it over n over again coz its such a gd bk] and i thought bout my grandfather who was gonna leave us anytime soon coz it was lyk the final stage of his illness. Yah den i started tearing uncontrollably. Wad extreme ends of the emotional spectrum man. I too, am amazed how i manage be so emotionally rich. I must have a high EQ! but i believe I need to NOT think so much when taking the transport man. Maybe thinking is ok, just dont suddenly burst out in laughter/tears and scare the wits outta everyone ard me.
Sometimes pple disregard the fact that though there are pple like me ard who are funny, we have feelings too. They may harbour a misconception tt we can weather almost every tiny pinpricks in life. Sometimes they accidentally say things that may hurt but think tt we'd probably shrug it off as a joke. But no, sometimes it hurts. Sometimes things are not so funny after all. I dunnoe. They probably forget that we too, have a fragile pride. Or maybe its my Leo pride. Then again, i dunnoe. But if there's any consolation, pple like us dun get angry for long. Still, i think its not nice lah, to think tt since we'd get over it anytime sooner, u can say stuff tt hurts.
I think i've maintained a good record, at least for a start. I manged to blog once a day for the whole of this week. Most likely the intensity of blogging per week will drop, but i'll maintain lah, maybe 3 times a week, depending on my mood. Sounds like not-so-gd news for blog voyeurs hehehe.

2 Comments:
i guess everyone's a light to someone in a way. either little or huge. maybe sometimes we don't even know. and sometimes the person doesn't even know you're a light to him/her.
i agree that pple like us[u and me] don't get angry for long. but sometimes when you ain't feeling too good a joke aimed at you prooves to be the wrong thing to do! =X
i watch tv mobile on the buses too! and sometimes i get emotional watching those drama that i would have to look elsewhere if not i'd start tearing. and sometimes i have to hide my laughter from those comedies they show!
lastly! well done cindy! i see u blogging frequently. that's GOOD! it's the enthusiasm for a beginner blogger!!! =] keep it on! don't become like wwt!!! hahahahahahaha...
By
wenya, at Sun Feb 06, 07:50:00 pm
ok i wont b lyk tang wang wee n her huang na blog entry which was there for a mth[or longer]. Yea wenya..we r both v emotional pple huh? Let's go watch some sad show tgt n cry our hearts out. =] love u gal. oh n i hate it when 'just for laughs' show on tv mobile coz i really suffer lotsa internal injuries frm trying hard not to luff out loud. heh
By
Cindy, at Sun Feb 06, 11:23:00 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home