waD FaiLs tO kiLL u mAkEs u sTroNgeR

Saturday, June 16, 2007

finally have some time, n energy to blog. worked on mon, thurs n fri. i'm tired, but i noe its not an excuse. everyone's tired as well.

penang 07. "if there's 1 thing tt doesn't change abt penang, it's the weather" -theresa

the welfare duo proceeds to hand us their penang souvenir--mini fans

personally, i beg to differ. to me, each yr i come, i'm exposed a changing penang. telok bahang dam used to b a nightmare. dreaded each time we had to go down for races n trudge up n down the steps aft every race set. now however, they made significant changes to facilitate rowers.

apart frm a changing landscape, there's much changes in terms of team dynamics as well. i wld say, the team culture n mindset has evolved thru the years. there's no right or wrong, gd or bad-- abt it. there's so much truth to the phrase, 'the only constant is change'

or maybe, ntg has changed. it's my perception n a different lens tt i look thru n think. perhaps it comes wif age. or maybe wif maturity. i'm quite saddened tt sometimes frens think differently frm me. but how am i to expect frens to agree on everything?

these days, i find it increasingly hard to express myself. hence(paiseh ah twin..) i borrow ur quote, coz i can really relate to it.

The torturing runs,
the un-enduring gym sets,
the oh-my-god circuits,
the never-ending pullups,
the long long warm and cool down,
the terrible tyre sets,
the uncountable race sets,
the awful accelerade drink,
the smelly kallang water,
the even more smelly sponges,
the super-mafan paddle,
the increasing nos of jumpin jacks,
the super-suan dips,
the ultra ugly tan lines,
the OUCH painful abrasions...

yes, one can never understand, unless they have experienced it themselves. I gave up explaining to my friends. It is sad that i cannot share such a valuable part of my life with them. But, at least my sisters are with me now.

I know i am getting mushy. I hate myself when i get emotional. But, race is so close. We are so close to the finishing line. I really want all of us to cross the end point together, with no regrets. I want to end my dragonboat career with a beautiful fullstop. I want so much, yet I know there are limits.

Jiayou gers, we are getting there.

One boat, one heart.

Yes, i am beginning to feel the one heart.

I have sold my soul to my gers, just like how Dr Faustus has sold his soul to the devil.

Yet, I have no regrets.
-wendy, my twin (june 2005)

1 Comments:

  • haha wah! that brings back memories lo! haha i miss my twin!!! let's meet up this week!!!! muuckzzzzzzzz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jun 18, 10:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home