waD FaiLs tO kiLL u mAkEs u sTroNgeR

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Prayer

I got this frm the church bulletin ytd. felt it was worthy to share. it made me reflect deeply..i guess i've been asking for the wrong things all these while.

The Prayer

I asked God to take away my pride.
And God said no.
He said it was not for him to take away
But for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole
And God said no.
He said her spirit is whole
Her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
And God said no.
He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation.
It isn't granted. It's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
And God said no.
He said he gives blessings.
Happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain.
And God said no.
He said suffering draws you apart from worldly care
And brings you closer to him.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
And he said no.
He said I must grow on my own.
But I will be in heaven someday because I believe.

I asked God to help me love others as much as he loves me.
God said, "Ah, at last. You finally have the idea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home