waD FaiLs tO kiLL u mAkEs u sTroNgeR

Friday, April 16, 2010

(Not) focused

Wednesday 14 April 2010: Trg was at kallang track. It was a gd turnout..the highest so far for the yr.

8 of us went: doreen, laminto, annie, rachael, lynn, eugene, kenneth and i. hak loon forgot to bring his shoes so he didnt run with us, but made us run instead. hrmf.

we ran a few rds together, and then for the next 5 rds it was OTOT (own time own target). anw i chose to run at the back cz i had the farting sensation..haha. (*raine..stop it! i can see u luffing frm here! Roarz)

doreen ltr asked me to run in front with annie cz she was runnin alone. So off i went. As we were running, eugene kept singin his commando cheers to keep pace. It's damn funny..i was tryin hard nt to luff but i juz cldnt wipe tt silly smile off my face.

The hillarious part is how he sings with so much pride, gusto and patriotism. I dun exactly noe the lyrics of the song but since no one echo-ed him when he sang, i tried to at least echo the last 2-3 words of the cheer when he sang each verse.

Right aft we finished the few rds, we OTOT e nxt 5 rds. It really feels damn gd to finally be able to run aft i've fully recovered! woohoo. I can almost feel the rapid exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide with every breath that I take. The air tt gets transmitted frm nose to windpipe to lungs. wow..it was a gd feelin!

It was aft trg and when I reflecting on what we had done for e day, tt i realised i took h2o to drink only aft everyone had finished the run. haha it muz have been hw we used to get zhua-ed by snrs in uni days for nt waitin for the rest to complete and only satisfyin our own selfish desire to quench thirst.

I used to wonder the rationale of waiting, esp when I was in yr 1. I mean..damn it I'm thirsty, why can't I drink? Or worse, why did we have to do jumpin jacks while waitin for the rest to return?

It was only ltr tt i slowly appreciated the rationale behind it. Thankfully i did :]

Subsequently we did circuits which involved rotating btwn 4 stns. We did abt 10-15 reps for each stn.

As we were executing our circuit exercises, we heard music coming from the national stadium. Mind u, the flood lights at national stadium were brightly turned on. Immediate thought tt filled my head:

五月天!?

All 8 pairs (including hak loon's) of eyes were transfixed on me as they took turns to playfully ask if i wanna go chk it out. Yes, they all knew abt my crazy obsession for 五月天. haha "for all u noe..it cld really be them!?"

As much as national stadium was a gd say, 200m away frm where I was, I decided to remain where I was. It's nt very nice to juz leave trg abruptly. Anw i was kinda 心不在焉 for the last circuit set.

totally (not)focused! ha

2 Comments:

  • Hahahha! I am indeed laughing!

    Anyway, today was soooo high. I mentioned you running with me for full marathon and you appeared! God send :)

    RaineEeeee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun May 16, 08:39:00 pm  

  • wow raine u still read my blog? Lolx. Yea I was kinda happy to see u, karine n zee. well, dun tink I'm joining ur team ha I'm happy with mine. When u free to run? :p

    By Blogger Cindy, at Sun May 16, 10:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home