waD FaiLs tO kiLL u mAkEs u sTroNgeR

Monday, July 19, 2010

Chapter 16: The week after...

And so..July 10 and 11 2010 came, and went.

We had to swallow the bitter pill, the awful taste of defeat that lingers in your mouth and makes u feel sick in the gut.

We came in 5th for corporate mixed and 4th for corporate womens.

For coporate mixed, we came in behind HP team B (1st), HP team A (2nd), Discovery Network (3rd), Aircrew Team B (4th)..and finally us OCBC (5th) in a time of 4.42.76min

For corporate womens, we came in behind Mindef (1st), HP (2nd), Aircrew (3rd)..and finally us OCBC (4th) in a time of 5,19.34min

No doubt our timing had improved as compared to the previous year, but..our improvement were minute as compared to the other corporate teams who had made drastic advances and caught up way ahead of us.

We lost and there was no question abt it. It sucked, the feelin of losing.

It was a different feeling when watching the PM Cup race. After watchin the PM Cup, I was filled with so much pride, watching the NUS ladies take an 8 sec lead ahead of SMU. It was simply amazing! The NUS mens didnt do as well, coming in 4th.

I decided to attend Mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and left Bedok Reservoir early. I ever told myself, in gd times and in bad times, I shd always turn to God. To my surprise, Annie decided to come along as well. It sure did feel gd to have someone familiar attendin Mass with me.

The gospel today was abt the kind Samaritan. The qn posed to us to reflect upon was, "who is ur neighbour?"

As the church was packed, we had to stand. The irony was tt there was a family who was late and they stood in front of us. The father was wearing a shirt with the prints behind, "Go..Goal..Gold!!"

Ouch, tt really hurt.

It was clear tt in order to win together, we have to train..together. Not juz tt, we had to have a goal, a common mindset.

Perhaps, this was why we went away empty-handed for d race. Only tt we realised it too late.

During Mass, I kinda let go and finally cried. I cldnt bring myself to cry in front of everybody although I was kinda bleedin inside. Well, it wasn't like a major downpour but juz quiet sobs as I talked to God and asked for his grace n mercy to heal and let us come back..stronger.

It takes losing to know winning. (hw i wish i cld fast forward the chapter on losing..)

在哪里跌倒,就从哪里爬起来。"眼泪不能流过十二点。。"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home