Chapter 18: Responsibilities
"With great power comes great responsibility"
Marvin had to step down as capt as he is totally bogged down with an increasing level of responsibility at work. He was promoted in Apr and the promotion came a price tag..
a piling workload
He made his announcement during July Race Day 1 that he will step down aft the race. We were all caught off guard as he has all the while been a very gd capt, quietly yet tirelessly ensuring that the welfare of the team is well taken care of.
Some time in July, he called me at work and asked if I wld like to take over his position. I laughed, very sheepishly..and then flatly declined. I didnt feel ready, neither did I feel experienced enuf. Aft all, I was in d team for like, only a year?
He discussed with Annie and thought tt maybe, he wld introduce a vice capt role. Previously, the team is solely in the care of a capt. He thought tt perhaps with a vice capt, it cld lend a supporting role to the capt. I think tt perhaps in his captaincy, there may have been many occasions tt he hoped there cld be someone to aid him along the way..
One of the Sat in Aug, he came down for trg to pay for the boat rental fee. Aft I had finished showering, he came over and popped the same qn. Marvin also added that there'll be a capt and a vice capt. "So..wld u like to take over the team?"
Again I cldnt help but give a very sheepish smile, and declined.
It wasn't Marvin who asked the 3rd time. Instead, it was Annie. She said, "Lisa will agree to be capt only if u agree to be vice capt" I wondered if she said the same thing to her..ie "Cindy will agree to be the vice capt only if u agree to be capt"
I know and I trust Lisa's (the royal one) leadership. She is someone I can totally crap ard with and yet have complete trust knowing tt we r in gd hands.
I agreed.
"With great power comes great responsibility"
Marvin had to step down as capt as he is totally bogged down with an increasing level of responsibility at work. He was promoted in Apr and the promotion came a price tag..
a piling workload
He made his announcement during July Race Day 1 that he will step down aft the race. We were all caught off guard as he has all the while been a very gd capt, quietly yet tirelessly ensuring that the welfare of the team is well taken care of.
Some time in July, he called me at work and asked if I wld like to take over his position. I laughed, very sheepishly..and then flatly declined. I didnt feel ready, neither did I feel experienced enuf. Aft all, I was in d team for like, only a year?
He discussed with Annie and thought tt maybe, he wld introduce a vice capt role. Previously, the team is solely in the care of a capt. He thought tt perhaps with a vice capt, it cld lend a supporting role to the capt. I think tt perhaps in his captaincy, there may have been many occasions tt he hoped there cld be someone to aid him along the way..
One of the Sat in Aug, he came down for trg to pay for the boat rental fee. Aft I had finished showering, he came over and popped the same qn. Marvin also added that there'll be a capt and a vice capt. "So..wld u like to take over the team?"
Again I cldnt help but give a very sheepish smile, and declined.
It wasn't Marvin who asked the 3rd time. Instead, it was Annie. She said, "Lisa will agree to be capt only if u agree to be vice capt" I wondered if she said the same thing to her..ie "Cindy will agree to be the vice capt only if u agree to be capt"
I know and I trust Lisa's (the royal one) leadership. She is someone I can totally crap ard with and yet have complete trust knowing tt we r in gd hands.
I agreed.
"With great power comes great responsibility"

2 Comments:
Congratz~!
By
kAiyAn, at Fri Sept 10, 01:52:00 pm
haha vice-capt!!! awesome!!! great to hear!!! :)
By
wenya, at Sun Sept 12, 09:44:00 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home